2018 COLORADO CLASSIC MEDIA CREDENTIAL
The 2018 Colorado Classic is now accepting media credential applications for all working and accredited media. To secure press credentials, please (1) read the Credentialing Rules and Regs below and then (2) fill out the appropriate media for which are credential you are applying (General Media, Photographer or Photo-Moto).
You will be contacted by our press team upon review of your application. Media credentials will NOT be mailed; you will be able to pick them up at either of our two media workrooms in Vail (August 15-17) or Denver (August 16-18). Locations and times for those workrooms will be available here later this summer.
MEDIA CREDENTIAL APPLICATION
Men’s race: Thursday, August 16 – Sunday, August 19, 2018 (Vail and Denver)
Women’s race: Thursday, August 16 – Sunday, August 19, 2018 (Vail and Denver)
Please complete all of the fields below to provide details on your coverage plans for the race. Note, credentials are limited and only working media with confirmed assignments will be approved. Please read the rules and regulations posted below before you begin this application.
Please CLICK HERE if you are interested in covering Velorama and the music festival. That will require a separate media credential.
We will do our best to accommodate all requests, and confirmations will be sent via email the week prior to the race. As photo motos are very limited, not all requests will be approved. Each photographer should be an experienced rider and will be required to provide his/her own helmet.
THIS FORM IS ONLY A REQUEST. IT DOES NOT GUARANTEE ACCREDITATION.
Media Credentials will not be mailed
Media Credentials will be distributed at the Media Work Rooms in Vail on August 15 - 17 and in Denver August 17 - 19. Media workroom locations and hours, coming soon.
Freelancers must submit an assignment letter issued by the news organization they are representing to be considered for accreditation. Click on the button below to request a form.
2018 MEDIA PHOTO AND PHOTO MOTO CREDENTIALING RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following are rules and regulations for media during the Colorado Classic:
(1) A completed media credential application does not guarantee access. Please allow 5-7 working days for a confirmation, or a request for more information, both of which will be issued via email.
(2) Media Credentials will not be mailed. Media Credentials will be distributed at the Media Work Room in Vail on Aug. 15-17 and in Denver Aug. 17-19. Credentials will not be necessary to cover the kick-off press conference in Denver on Aug. 15.
(3) Media Work Room locations for credential pick-up will be provided to approved media representatives with confirmation email. You will be required to show a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, in order to claim your media credential. Television and radio broadcast media may make separate arrangements for production staff credentials.
(4) Print Media – You may be asked to provide additional information, such as a copy of your press ID, or a link to a recent published article with your byline.
(5) Broadcast Media – You may be asked to provide additional information, such as your press ID, or a confirmation letter from an approved assignment editor or producer.
(6) Online Media – All online media will be asked to provide three items on the Media Credential Application: a) contact information for site owner; b) link to a recently published article with your byline/cutline; and c) confirmed metric about the site (number of unique monthly visitors) using an approved audience measurement tool, such as Google Analytics or Compete. The online publication must be a previously established, independent site that is regularly updated with original and current media-related news. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter sites, forums and user groups will not be considered for media accreditation.
(7) Freelancers – Please submit an assignment letter issued by the news organization for which you will represent. There will be a space on the Media Credential Application to list the assignment editor and his/her information. Only freelancers with a valid letter of assignment will be considered for media credentials.
(8) Photographers/Videographers – Please complete the section of the form related to the media outlet for which you work. For photographers, please use the Print, Online, Sponsor or Freelancer designations and any additional information, if required. For videographers, please use the Broadcast, Online or Sponsor designations and any additional information, if required.
(9) Sponsor Representatives – Please complete the online Media Credential Application in the Sponsor Section, providing information related to the company representative who is responsible for the assigned project. Up to two media credentials can be provided per sponsor organization -- one (1) for photo/video and one (1) for written content. All sponsor organizations must be recognized for support with The Colorado Classic or Velorama.
(10) Team Representatives – Any press officers for professional cycling teams may complete a Media Credential Application. The name and contact information of a team director will be required. One press officer for each team will be permitted.
(11) All photography and video footage should be used exclusively for editorial news coverage, not commercial purposes. Photography and video footage gathered for commercial use must be sub-licensed by a professional team, authorized team sponsor or by the organizers of The Colorado Classic.
(12) A credential does not guarantee complete access to high security areas and VIP hospitality. A basic Media Credential will permit the user access to: Start Line Media Tent, Rider Sign-In area, Finish Line Media Tent, Media Work Room and post-race Press Conference. Access to the field of play at the finish line is restricted to Photo Bibs only. A limited supply of Photo Bibs will be distributed race week at the discretion of The Colorado Classic.
(13) Use of drones or unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) for photography or videography at all competition and hospitality areas at The Colorado Classic is prohibited. Any UAS operator interfering with the safety and operation of The Colorado Classic will be expelled from the event.